- Download the Table of Contents and the Preface to The Complete Legal Writer.
- Read the theory behind The Complete Legal Writer, the Genre Discovery Approach, in Prof. Pryal’s article for the Wayne Law Review.
- Read a precis of the Genre Discovery Approach and learn how it can be applied in Prof. Chew’s article for Perspectives: Teaching Legal Research and Writing.
- Listen to the authors discuss legal writing and succeeding in law school on the Law School Insider Podcast (2016).
- Download a blank document map in Word document file format.
- Interested in sample syllabi for teaching with The Complete Legal Writer? Email Prof. Chew.
Research Relevant to The Complete Legal Writer
- Ann Sinsheimer & David J. Herring, Lawyers at Work: A Study of the Reading, Writing, and Communication Practices of Legal Professionals. Short summary: A three-year study of what lawyers do in the workplace reveals that lawyers read, a lot. Available on SSRN.
- See also the list of works cited in The Complete Legal Writer.